What is Active Learning?
Active Learning is a learning process that includes the following attributes:
- “Requires students to collect and synthesize information, practice critical thinking, and engage in problem-solving activities.
- Emulates real-life situations that graduates will experience in a non-academic setting.
- Weaves together a continuum of instructional strategies to engage learners in the learning process (simple to complex, and less time to more time to plan and implement).
- Prioritizes the role and goal of student self-regulation aimed at understanding one’s learning needs, content knowledge, and discipline-specific methods, and takes action to improve in the identified areas.
- Shares agency between instructor and students.”